red apple fruit on four pyle books

Going Live

Aaaahh yes, nothing is more satisfying than a final push to production. After all the testing is finished, we finally got the site all up and running for the school. Just in time before the first classes are supposed to start. Though with the COVID-19 measures, the school won’t actually Read more…

shallow focus photography of white ceramic mug beside two baked cookies on brown wooden board

User testing

Well, it’s finally getting to a point where its time to open things up to a wider user test. Over the next few weeks, we’ll let in all the users that have expressed interest in using the system and get their feedback. There will doubtless be more tweaks and bugs Read more…

Content and Rendering

With the simpler interface for entering tests, we decided to expand the types of things that can be created for support materials. As you may recall last screen shots had some extra fields, one being a “Content Type” field. We will use that field now to determine what kind of Read more…

On the web – Part 2

The last few weeks have been quite eventful. The initial version is now on GitHub (at https://github.com/karlneco/kanji-test-maker). Its not as fully working yet as the ‘go’ version but the skeleton and database parts are set up. The “main page” looks a bit bare now – but as it will all Read more…

The 80-20 split

After having worked out the templates to my satisfaction, now come the part of making this look like the actual test is suposed to look. As always now that 80% of the “interesting work” is done, the other 20% of making it look good to match the desired standard, will Read more…